REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Registration for workshops, tours and all social activities are now open.
GROUP REGISTRATIONS: Discounts are available for companies sending more than 5 employees to attend Locate. These discounts are only applicable for full conference registrations. Please email [email protected] for further information.
|Delegate||All sessions, workshops, welcome reception & APSEA.||$1,780|
|Member*||All sessions, workshops, welcome reception & APSEA.||$1,530|
|Young Professional (YP) Member** & Early Career Researcher||All sessions, including workshops & welcome reception.||$895|
|Full time student||All sessions from Tuesday to Thursday, including workshops, no social functions.||$250|
|Full time student – Tuesday only||Sessions and workshops for Tuesday only.||$0|
|Day only (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday)||Sessions for that day, no social functions.|
Tuesday only includes all workshops and sessions.
|Asia Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards (APSEA) Dinner||Dinner ticket only||$180|
*Member rate extends to: SSSI, SIBA|GITA, ISNSW, ISVIC, SSNZ, LocationTech
** YP Member = employed in the survey or spatial industry, including government, aged 36 or under on 1 June 2022
Early Career Researcher: an academic within 5 years of award of their PhD, and as accepted by the Australian Research Council
Student: Current full time university or TAFE student
Need help encouraging your employer to send you along to Locate22? Download our draft letter of support HERE.
Young Professionals, students and early career researchers support scheme
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: CLOSED
This year Locate22 is excited to offer support for young professionals, students and early career researchers to attend the event. The conference support scheme offers two options:
1. Registration support – registration costs, including the Welcome Reception, dedicated networking session and the APSEA dinner will be fully covered.
2. Travel/accommodation support – up to $600 to assist with travel and accommodation costs associated with attending Locate22.
All recipients will have the opportunity to meet with the company/representative that provided the support at the conference and attend a dedicated networking and mentoring event as part of the Young Professional Symposium on the Tuesday.
You are able to apply if you fall into one of the below categories:
- Young Professional – employed in the survey or spatial industry, including government, aged 36 or under on 1 June 2022
- Early Career Researcher – academic within 5 years of award of their PhD and as accepted by the Australian Research Council
- Student – Current full time university or TAFE student
- All successful recipients of the support scheme will need to be available to attend all days of Locate22 in person, in Canberra (COVID/border restrictions not withstanding), including the YP Symposium and networking event.
- All successful recipients of the support scheme will need to be available to participate in the conference as a volunteer in some capacity, for example: greeter for attendees arriving at registration, rapporteur for one of the concurrent sessions, assist as host of a social event.
- All successful recipients of the full support scheme only will also need to be available for a potential Q&A session in the Hub.
- All successful recipients will need to provide a short report of their experiences at the conference, with picture, for the company that provided the financial support and Locate22 to be used on social media or in marketing.
To enter you will need to submit the following items:
- A brief CV (pdf)
- An introductory paragraph or two (max 200 words) describing what you hope to get out of attending Locate22 (pdf)
- A letter of recommendation from your manager, academic supervisor or lecturer (pdf)
- Answer the question: What is the most exciting innovation or change for the survey/spatial industry in the coming years and what benefits might it bring? Your entry can be in any format – e.g. written, visual or video – it could be a poster, a report or essay or even a story. Feel free to include pictures, diagrams or graphics to help demonstrate your point and make it interesting – use your imagination! (any uploaded document is accepted)
- Written or visual: max 500 words, fits on one (1) A3 sheet or two (2) A4 pages (or less)
- Video response: no more than 2 minutes long
- If you are submitting a video, you will need to upload a file (i.e. word of pdf) that has a short introduction and then include the hyperlink to the video submission (e.g. dropbox/g-drive).
Entries will be judged on originality and insight, presentation, and relevance to the overall Locate theme of Locate in Action: Positioning the nation for a brighter future. Entries may be published or displayed as part of the conference.
PAYMENT OF FEES
All prices are quoted in Australian dollars and include GST. A tax invoice (receipt) will be provided for all registrants, however you must complete the online registration before the tax invoice can be issued. Payment of fees can be made by direct deposit or credit card (MasterCard and Visa 1.5% surcharge). All outstanding fees must be paid in full prior to the conference.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
Cancellations must be notified in writing to the Conference Secretariat.
- 8 weeks prior to the event will incur a A$150 cancellation fee
- 4 weeks prior to the event will be refunded 50% of fees paid
- 2 weeks prior to the event there will be no refund
Terms and conditions
- If a registrant is unable to attend an event for any reason they may substitute, by arrangement with the Conference Secretariat, someone else to attend in their place.
- Verbal changes or cancellations cannot be accepted, they must be written.
- The refund will be returned via the same payment method as the original receipt of funds. Credit card transaction fees are non-refundable.
- No refund or discount will be made if an inclusive function or event within the registration fee is not taken up or is subsequently cancelled.
- If the event is cancelled a refund of monies received is entitled, as per the registration terms and conditions.
- For a postponed event, monies received will be retained for the new event unless a written request for a refund is made to the Conference Secretariat as per the registration terms and conditions.
The conference organising committee strongly recommends that you take out insurance for your travel and attendance at the conference. The conference cannot accept any responsibility for participants failing to arrange their own insurance.
The information is correct at the time of providing. However, the organisers reserve the right to change the information where necessary without notice.
In the event of industrial disruptions, Locate Conferences Pty Ltd and the organisers accept no responsibility. In the event of the venue becoming unsuitable or other circumstances or the need to cancel the conference there can be no liability on Locate Conferences Pty Ltd or the organisers.