YOUNG PROFESSIONALS, STUDENTS AND EARLY CAREER RESEARCHERS GRANT SUBMISSION SITE
DEADLINE: 5pm AEDT, MONDAY, 3RD APRIL 2023
Locate23 are excited to once again offer support for young professionals, students and early career researchers to attend the event. There are a number of grants to offer receipeints which will cover their registration to attend the conference (including the Welcome Reception, dedicated networking session and the APSEA dinner) as well as A$500 in travel/accommodation support.
All recipients will have the opportunity to meet with the company/representative that provided the support at the conference and attend a dedicated networking and mentoring event as part of the Locate Symposium.
You are able to apply if you fall into one of the below categories:
- Young Professional – employed in the survey or spatial industry, including government, aged 36 or under on 1 June 2023
- Early Career Researcher – academic within 5 years of award of their PhD and as accepted by the Australian Research Council
- Student – Current full time university or TAFE student
- All successful recipients of the support scheme will need to be available to attend all days of Locate23 in person, in Adelaide, including the Locate Symposium and networking event.
- All successful recipients of the grant will need to be available to participate in the conference as a volunteer in some capacity, for example: greeter for attendees arriving at registration, rapporteur for one of the concurrent sessions, assist as host of a social event.
- All successful recipients will need to provide a short report of their experiences at the conference, with picture, for the company that provided the financial support and Locate23 to be used on social media or in marketing.
To enter you will need to submit the following items:
- A brief CV (pdf)
- An introductory paragraph or two (max 200 words) describing what you hope to get out of attending Locate23 (pdf)
- A letter of recommendation from your manager, academic supervisor or lecturer (pdf)
- Answer the question: What is the most exciting innovation or change for the survey/spatial industry in the coming years and what benefits might it bring? Your entry can be in any format – e.g. written, visual or video – it could be a poster, a report or essay or even a story. Feel free to include pictures, diagrams or graphics to help demonstrate your point and make it interesting – use your imagination! (any uploaded document is accepted)
- Written or visual: max 500 words, fits on one (1) A3 sheet or two (2) A4 pages (or less)
- Video response: no more than 2 minutes long
- If you are submitting a video, you will need to upload a file (i.e. word of pdf) that has a short introduction and then include the hyperlink to the video submission (e.g. dropbox/g-drive).
Entries will be judged on originality and insight, presentation, and relevance to the overall Locate theme of Geospatial Evolutions: From lands to seas to stars. Entries may be published or displayed as part of the conference.